Wednesday 21 March 2012

Blog makeover

Ok, so I've decided to start blogging in English, for obvious reasons I'll come back to later... I've also given my blog a makeover, with a new background and a new name. And, as you can see at the top, I've finally created a header for my little place in cyber space..


I'm taking Tim Holtz' online class "Creative Chemistry 101", and that is where this header started. I was initially only making a tag with the Spritz & Flick technique, but once I was in the "zone", I just couldn't stop! So, a few stamps, embellishments and dots of glue later, this is what I ended up with.

The welcoming committee.. I love these steampunk guys! Spritz & Flick technique used on #5 manila tag, spritzed with Perfect pearls mist Perfect pearl and embellished with a die cut from TH Sizzix Alterations Regal Crest, film strip ribbon, a light bulb, Dymo label and some jute string.

The corked vial of course contains a secret message! Or maybe not...
Die cut on tag has been painted with Adironac Acrylic paint dabber, Juniper and Gold and edged with Distress ink Black soot.

The clock sticker from Graphic 45 has gotten a "real" front glass with the help of Glossy Accents.

I've also used the Spritz & Flick technique on the ticket.
The background is made with the Dabber resist technique. I used the Snow cap dabber and Distress ink Dried marigold and Spiced marmelade.

The butterfly is a TH Sizzix Alterations die cut from Grunge paper. I've painted it with Distress crackle paint Clear rock candy and then colored it with different Distress reinkers.

Supply list:


1 comment:

  1. Great job!! I love what you did!! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

I always love a comment! Mwah! :)